86 / 100
Powered by Rank Math SEO
The mindful soul: what it is and how to nourish it?
- In our fast-paced world, it is easy to feel as though we have no time to stop and smell the roses, sit by the creek and enjoy the sounds of nature.
- But what would happen if we did? If we allow our self to become more aware of our surroundings and less concerned with getting things done, we may be surprised at how much better we feel.
- My this blog will help you discover how to nurture your mindful soul, so that you can build an enriching life from the inside out.
What is Mindful Soul?
- A mindful soul is one that is aware of itself, others, and its surroundings. In order to be considered a mindful soul, you must know yourself.
- Being self-aware means you have knowledge of your own thoughts, emotions and physical as well as mental strengths and weaknesses. Along with you should also aware about your surroundings.
- Once you have reached an understanding of who you are, where you have been in life and where you want to go next, you can then start on a path towards nourishing it.
Why do we need to feed it?
- We are so busy, our minds are racing all day long.
- We get interrupted by co-workers, relatives, phone calls, text messages and emails.
- We are under pressure to get more done in less time, a never-ending stream of articles, podcasts, photos and videos is demanding for our attention online.
- All of which means we spend an dreadful lot of time on automatic pilot.
But it is hard to be mindful, when you are not fully engaged with what you are doing.
So how do you cultivate a more mindful approach? By taking steps every day large or small to engage your senses in healthy, nourishing ways that help fuel your mindful soul.
Why do we hurt ourselves with overeating and other self-defeating behaviors?
- Of course, it is easy for anyone to beat themselves up about their imperfections.
- But if you do a lot of it and are used to doing a lot of it it is possible that you actually hurt yourself by doing so.
- For example, researchers at Duke University found that people who believe they do not deserve success end up sabotaging themselves when they try something new or challenging.
- The only way out is learning how to stop self-sabotage in its tracks.
What are 10 ways to nurture your mindful soul?
- Mindful soul is not just a thing that helps us get through stressful times.
- It is, in fact, an essential part of healthy living that allows you to live your best life.
- To cultivate mindfulness, there are things you can do every day or even multiple times per day to work on cultivating a mindful soul.
Here are some ways, you can start nurturing your own mindful soul today.
- Make your own purpose statement.
- Take time to pause.
- Meditate for 5 minutes.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Go outside for at least 15 minutes per day.
- Let go of criticism and being judgmental.
- Stop multitasking when you can.
- Take 5 deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed by stressors.
- Reflect on lessons learned from past experiences.
These all fall under different categories of mindfulness, but they are all useful in different ways.
Try them out one at a time or all together.
- If you have any questions about any of these methods, feel free to ask in this blog.
- The more knowledge, we have about how to be better people, the better off we will be as individuals and as a society.
- For example, if you take some time each day to sit quietly with yourself and practice meditation, then meditation becomes something that makes up who you are as a person.
- It will show itself in many other areas of your life because it has become ingrained into who you are as an individual.
- Now that you have explored some of favorite mindfulness practices for good mindful soul.
- What do you think? I hope you were able to come up with a few ways in which you might work these practices into your own life.
- I also hope that thinking about these practices has inspired or energized you in some way.
- Being mindful soul is not always easy, especially at first, but like anything worthwhile it takes time and dedication. The good news is that developing mindfulness will yield a multitude of benefits for you both personally and professionally.
- Be creative! Find your own way of practicing mindfulness for making mindful soul, that works for you.
3 thoughts on “The mindful soul: what it is and how to nourish it?”